Ekwulumili community in Nnewi South Local Government Area of Anambra State has been thrown into confusion as it has recorded the death of six children of same parents after a meal of okro soup and Semo last Friday.
A village source said the elder ones among the victims had gone to a local market, bought condiments for soup and made the soup while their sick parents were at home. The source said after eating the food, one of them began to complain of stomach upset and was rushed to a nearby hospital. He later died. It said five others complained of the same problem and began to die one after the other.
The source said the sick parents did not eat the food possibly because of their health condition. The last-born did not also partake of the meal.
When Daily Sun visited the family house, it was deserted. On inquiry, our correspondent was told that the mother of the deceased children was picked by her relations to their home to console her while her husband was also out of reach. The source of the poison was yet to be unraveled as at the time of sending this report.
***WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE***