Forbes, on Monday, announced that Serena Williams has overtaken Maria Sharapova as the world’s highest-paid female athlete in the last one year, bringing in $28.9 million in prize money and endorsements over the year. The world No. 1 won three Grand Slams in 2015, reached the final of the year’s first two Slam events and added a major endorsement deal with Chase.
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Sharapova who has been the highest paid female athlete in the last 11 years despite not being as successful on the pitch as Serena, lost lucrative endorsement deals with Nike, American Express, Porsche and TAG Heuer due to her recent doping scandal. She pulled in $21.9 million, down nearly $8 million from last year.
In the list of top ten highest earning female athletes,eight out of ten are Tennis players
1. Serena Williams – $28.9 million
2. Maria Sharapova – $21.9 million
3. Ronda Rousey – $14 million
4. Danica Patrick – $13.9 million
5. Agnieszka Radwanska – $10.2 million.
6. Caroline Wozniacki – $8 million
7. Garbine Muguruza- $7.6 million
8. Ana Ivanovic- $7.4 million
9. Victoria Azarenka – $6.6 million
10. Eugenie Bouchard- $6.2 million
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.